William G McCrary Chapter
NHS student membership is a true mark of academic achievement. Yet, it goes far beyond a report card. All student members must also reflect the program’s respective pillars to be inducted—ideals such as scholarship, service, leadership, and character—and they must continue demonstrating these pillars within their community throughout their membership.
Becoming a Member:
- Junior or Senior at Grandview High School
- GPA needs to be a 3.30 on a 4.0 scale
Students who are eligible for National Honor Society will receive a letter to inform them that they have the opportunity to apply for membership. Then, students will be selected by the Faculty Council for membership. An induction ceremony will follow the selection process to extend full membership.
Dates: Second Wednesday of every month
Time: Immediately after school (2:40pm)
Where: Room 404
- Donations collection for school, district, and community
- Participation in events - Harvesters, Raytown Road cleanup, etc.
Maintaining Eligibility as an Active Member:
- GPA - Must maintain a 3.30 on a 4.0 scale
- Must participate in at least 50% of all activities and meetings
- Must not have any flagrant violations of the NHS or school policies
Requirements to earn a Gold Seal on your diploma:
- Maintain active member status
- Must attend 75% of meetings
- Must participate in 75% of activities/donations
- Must participate 100% in all fundraisers